MBSTP is hiring the next Hatchery Manager of our Kingfisher Flat Conservation Hatchery facility in Davenport, CA. Please refer to the position description & full job announcement link below for more information.
If interested, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to: email@example.com. please include “HM position job application” in the subject line of your email. Applications must be received no later than March 31, 2022.
Position Title: Hatchery Manager
Reports To: MBSTP Board of Directors
Supervises: Full-time Fish Culturist, Facilities Contractors, Part-Time Hatchery workers, student interns, and volunteers
Position Classification: Salaried Exempt
Starting Salary: $75,000/yr.
Housing Provided: No
Anticipated Start Date: May 2022
The MBSTP Hatchery Manager is responsible for the daily operation and oversight of the Kingfisher Flat Conservation Hatchery (KFH) located on Big Creek in Davenport, California. The hatchery serves as the primary rearing facility for the Central California Coast Coho Salmon Captive Broodfish Program, and is the planned location of spawning & egg incubation for MBSTP’s future San Lorenzo River Steelhead Recovery Program. The primary task of the Hatchery Manager position is the executive and proactive management and oversight of MBSTP’s captive rearing, spawning, and incubation programs by maximizing fish production and optimal genetic quality while ensuring the safety of personnel & volunteers.
- Working indoors & outdoors, primarily at the Kingfisher Flat Hatchery facility.
- Working in inclement weather- cold, rain, winds, post-fire conditions, natural disasters.
- Isolated worksite with limited internet/cell communication.
- Physical labor; long periods of immersion in cold water, climbing in and out of circular tanks, walking over uneven or unstable terrain, heavy lifting up to 50lbs.
- Must secure and maintain residency within 30 to 40-minute commute to KFH
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fisheries Biology, Aquaculture, or equivalent field from an accredited university, and some fish culture experience.
- Five years of professional experience working at a hatchery or aquaculture facility in a managerial position.
For a full job announcement & list of essential work functions, please visit the following link: HERE